Within Zen Den Pain Clinics, our practitioners provide a comprehensive evaluation and treatment to individuals with movement inefficiencies due to disease or injury of the nervous system. Individuals in this program include those with Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, spinal cord injuries, brain cancer, allergic responses to medications, PTSD, Concussion, Traumatic Brain Injury, Stroke etc.
The nervous system consists of the brain, spinal cord, and the nerves that control every movement and sensation. Injuries, inflammation, allergic responses within these areas can cause individuals to lose their ability to complete daily activities, such as getting dressed, walking, and getting up out of a chair. Additionally, when an individual is unable to maintain their normal daily activities other health problems such as diabetes, heart problems, lung problems, and an overall poor quality of life can occur. We strive to help prevent these problems at Peak Physical Therapy and Wellness.
Our Neuro Program is individualized to each individual’s needs and goals but typically includes:
-Decreasing Fight or Flight (hyper responses) in brainstem will help the client feel better almost instantly.
– Increasing range of motion, muscle length and strength by enhancing communication from brain to nerves to function.
– Improving postural awareness and decreasing sensory motor amnesia
– Working deep core and balance through stabilization exercises to improve body mechanics and decrease risk of falling
– Retraining vestibular function through bone conduction, positional training and 16 visual skills
– Decreasing muscle tone and spasticity (back to decreasing fight or flight)
– Improving motor control and coordination
– Increasing safety and independence
Every client’s brain has a personal history. However, at Zen Den through Mary Kim-Garrity’s CorrectiveX program, we have learned to tap into that history to reboot, restore and rejuvenate essential skills and function.